Monday, April 18, 2011

Vintage favourite

I'm back from my week long holiday at my parents, and a lot of op shopping was done. I have yet to take photos of the majority of it, so today I'm sharing with you my favourite find of the week- a vintage vanity case.


I found it at a church op shop which is only open in my parent's town on Thursday and Friday mornings. It was tucked away near a bunch of books, I spotted it immediately, and got very excited while my bemused Dad looked on.

It's got a few scuff marks on top, particularly on the top left. I was thinking of sticking something over the top there, perhaps a paper vintage flower? What do you think?


Its in lovely condition inside, and still has all its keys, as well as an extra key and padlock.

I love its blue colour. I'm still thinking about how I'm going to use it in my house, any suggestions? Besides looking at it admiringly?


And the best part of it all- it only cost me $2.

Linking to Selena for her Thrift Share Monday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Oh how fabulous! It'd look gorgeous storing lovely toiletries on a dressing table or a shelf in a bathroom {my bathroom...} Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love it. These are becoming harder to find, especially in great condition (and not having a musty odour). I wouldn't try to disguise the scuff marks. If you give it a treatment with neutral shoe cream it will help disguise the smaller scuffing. Scuffing only adds to the vintage charm of items. What a bargain you have there!

Bek said...

PPMJ- thanks for the ideas! Lol I'm not parting with this baby!

Cherry Ripe- neutral shoe cream huh? Will keep an eye out for it. :-)

Wait Until The Sunset said...

$2!!!! WHAT A FIND!!! I love retro makeup cases and dressing table goodies. It always reminds me of my nanna :)