Sunday, May 22, 2011

Holiday Finds 3- Kids stuff

Finally, the last of the holiday finds. This little baby doll was $4 (I thought it was a bit steep, but they only charged me $2 for the vintage case so I figured it evened out). The baby came with the hand-crotched dress and undies, and her eyes close when you lie her down. She has a soft squashy body which I liked. Now my boys have 4 babies to play with, so I'm hoping there will be less fights. All 4 of the babies were from op shops. :-)


Long sleeve shirts for my 6 year old, he needed some for winter. I averaged around $2 a shirt.

Some long red pants for my 6 year old, for winter. They're cargo pants with adjustable drawstring, $2. I realised later that these were the perfect pants for his winter school sports uniform.
This lovely velvet skirt I spotted and thought of my friend, it fits her beautifully. I love the little frill on the bottom.
This jacket was $2! A lovely fleecy lined jacket with flower embroidery. This is for my friend's daughter, who is my son's best friend.
This jumper is for my friend's son, who is my 3 year old's best friend. I have a bunch of iron-on owl transfers that I picked up from Etsy. I gave one to my friend to put on his jumper, looks fab I think. :-)

And that is the last of my holiday shopping.
Linking to Selena's Thrift Share Mondays at Apron Thrift Girl. Go check out other people's finds. :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Great bargains! Love the old dolly...cute!

Unknown said...

i don't think there is anything more satisfying than finding clothes for the kids, cheap. I looooved it when Dylan was young! Now its more of a lesson in futility, teens bah.:)

Sarah said...

I love thrifting so much! Unfortunately I have found that it's much easier to find little childrens clothes. My kids are getting older now and the pickings are slim.

Bek said...

Yes it's trickier the older the kids get. I've found the best pickings for older kids sizes are country op shops. There's always a wide range of sizes at op shops in my parents' town.